Identification

I remember when i first started out back in the mid eighties acting for a guy called sid. It was a case of alleged cheque fraud because i can remember that someone had passed a forged cheque over the counter at a bank and the crown case was that that person was sid. There was camera footage and stills of the person at the counter. I looked at the photos and they looked remarkably like my client. However my instructions were to challenge identification and that's what i did. The jury acquitted my client. Whats the point of the story. The point is as an advocate your own personal views dont come into the picture and i have been abiding by that fundemental principle eversince. I learned more courtesy of my resolute client sid than i did in five years at law school.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

Comments