The deaths of 29 Pike River Miners

I see the Royal Commission Report on the deaths of 29 Pike River Miners is out. I had a brief look at it but I could not immediately see what I really wanted to see and that was consideration of Sections 150A, 156 and 157 of the Crimes Act 1961. The reason I wanted to see those sections was because their was a story in the media about the Government possibly enacting an offence of corporate manslaughter. I found that interesting because no-one was talking about Sections 150A, 156 and 157 of the Crimes Act 1961. In my very humble and respectful opinion the families of these poor men are being played here. Health and safety legislation is a complete red herring which obscures the central question in this situation. If you are minded to read these sections of the Crimes Act and you will see what I am talking about.

Comments