I'm still here.



I talked to the neurologist recentlly. I said the main thing I want to do is separate my head from my body and he said that's really interesting because he'd had two or three other people say exactly the same thing. Unfortunately physically you can't detach your head from your body but can you do it mentally. But really I wasn't thinking in those terms. I was more thinking thàt when you're diagnosed with a brain disease that you immediately plummet in intelligence. That is a reflection of the power of status and how that makes people feel bad about themselves. Referring to status in terms of the way society supposedly runs on the intelligence factor. Saying to yourself I'm still here is a good way to counter stuff. And it really applies to everybody regardless of whether they have an illness or not. Just saying to yourself I'm still here reflect in a way that we have a soul.

Comments