Twenty days


A few days earlier when she came to the factory Davo was not interested in what she had to sell. Now it was time to hang up his apron. Tonight he was seeing her at a cafe on the way home.Looking at the document in the bar’s gloom he noticed the glow. There was a window on the page. A green plain with vineyards, orchards and towns. “What do you see?” she said. “Do you want to buy a policy, it’s low cost? 5 euros a month.” Five euros was big money for him.  “Do I get a written copy of the policy?” “Yes, you do and same to the one I showed you. You can read it whenever you want and I guarantee you more each time you do. There is much pleasure for you there. More than you can imagine”. “Let me discuss it with my wife.” “Don’t wait for too long.” This was no ordinary woman. There was something hellish. To everyone else in the bar, she looked normal and proper. Wider this time the window until it filled the whole room, riding a bus into the middle of town he arrived at a park with a festival full of people. Are you looking forward to the festival this weekend? He could find out more. There were several death metal bands booked to play. How’s it going, brother? What’s the news. You not at work today. No, I called in sick. Oh yeah, what you doing. Going to a festival in town. Whoa, what does Christina think of that? Well, she doesn’t know mate. I haven’t told her. Sounds good.  Do you need someone to come? I won’t be opening the shop on Friday night. You will know what I mean when we go on Friday. Ok, I will be at the shop at 530. Look at page three, my friend. Do you see? That’s where we are going bud.  He no longer felt he was losing his mind. Am I that bad? No, I don’t think so. Stubborn yes. You cannot monopolise someone’s life. A partnership between two people. Why was he here? Where was his friend Fernandez? Arturo was sound asleep. Downstairs the front door was open. Sorry to startle you I knocked but you must have heard me. do you remember me yes, yes I do what do you want it’s late and I am getting ready to go to bed? I called around to give you information for your husband.

Comments