Anna

 Jeff, it’s good to see you what’s happening. How's life? Where have you been? How’s that beautiful wife of yours my god she is a stunner?  Motioning towards the comfortable old chair in front of his antique mahogany desk that his father had given him, Langton said Sit down. Tell me what’s going on. Mate, where do I fucking start? Start from the beginning, Jeff from the beginning. Quelling his impatience, he knew to let people get their story out in their own good time.. They could only tell it how they saw it. Gathering his emotions. Well, you know we got married, eh? Down in Taupo. Huka Falls. Jill’s family is from there. Knew the owner who cut us a good deal. It still cost me a bomb. One guest on jills side, the family had known him for a while, Jill went to school with him and you know I met him and got to know him and that and I thought no more of it. 

Over the next months, we went there a few times and stayed with him and his wife. Everyone seemed to get on. Just one of those things. I enjoyed it but didn’t place that much importance on it. We were busy with the business and Jill was busy at school and things just rolled on.

Langton wondered where this was leading to. Out the window he could see her across the street. So yes, she was definitely female. She had recently moved into the area somewhere out on the coast. He only knew this thru a friend, he wasn't stalking the poor women. They had been on a few dates in town, she was lovely. 

Two weeks ago we went down there on Friday night.  Woke up in the morning drove to Rotorua for a swim at the blue pools there, which was great. We all went over together. Anna is gorgeous looking. she’s from Europe somewhere. Who is she? She's his wife, I thought.  Got to the hot pools. I was chatting to Anna in one pool and Jill and x were in another pool. Anyway, Anna had her togs on. It was a bikini. You know she's not that old late twenties early thirties Well fuck me I mean it was hard to know where to look. We had got close. But I am ashamed to say things kind of crossed the line. x got upset with me. It was my fault.next thing you know I was fucking her. He was right to call me out. One of those things that happened. With all the heat in the pool. 

All hell broke loose. There was only one car, all our gear was there and well you know it was awkward turtles. it wasn’t a good scene. We got our car and drove home. We were going through Hamilton; she asked me to stop the car, and she took off. No one knows she is missing. Everyone we know just thinks she’s gone on a holiday to see her mum in the South Island.  I didn't know where the fuck she was. She has not rung me, she hasn’t contacted me online. I am at the end of my rope. 

So, this last weekend I thought I would drive down to Taupo to see our former friends to see if they knew where she was. Well, fuck me when I got there she was living with this cunt. I thought to hang on what’s going on here it was all a big bowl of wrong it didn’t add up I thought I was in the wrong which I was but it turns out they are a couple for years.  And anna knows all about the whole thing was a setup from start to finish. They aren’t married, but they have lived together for years. 

Well now Jill wants a divorce, and she wants half the business you know half the clothing factory well you know it making 40 million a year it’s going like a train we can’t keep up and I am working all the hours in the sun and now she wants to fuck me over for a half share. I’m thinking fuck that that doesn’t sound right. This was a big dirty right from the start she got her hooks into me so she could take it all. 

 We had a party. They had a coke mountain there and after a few dozen lines and a lot of long island tea I was pretty fucked well, we all are leering up there were no two ways about it. Things just got out of hand again and I was fucking Anna in the spa pool and it upset Jill and she couldn’t handle it anymore and she came into the room with a bloody shotgun. I was just stressing out what to do cos she would hit me you know shoot me so I picked up an axe just on the verandas of this house and threw it at her. Well, it hit her right in the forehead and split her head open there were blood and brains everywhere it fucked her there was nothing I could do. Next thing this cunt was coming at me so I picked up the shotgun and the shot hit right in the face he fell into the spa pool and drowned he was unconscious and he drowned. Anna was looking frightened of me at that stage. She promised she wouldnt snitch on me and I said I would pay her ten grand a month to keep her mouth shut, well twenty grand if I have to.

 You know Langton just being able to tell you makes me feel better. Keeping it bottled up is just killing me I mean I am a good person I cannot believe this has happened and now Here I am beholden to this piece of ass for my life how did it come to this I don’t know whether to tell the cops and get it over with or just pay this bitch off or what. 

Well, Jeff, that all takes me by surprise to be honest. I don’t know what to say. And that’s no good to you.  I need a little time to process what you have told me. So why don’t I give you a ring tonette once I have had time to think things over and figure out a way forward on this situation you have got yourself into and in the meantime I can sort out my other business and think on it for a while. That’s okay Langton I can relate to that it’s one hell of a lot to take in at once I have to kick myself to even think it’s all true my life used to be one lot simpler a wee while ago. So, I will wait for your call tonight. 

Jeff left the office and Langton put on his answer phone then locked the office and headed downtown truth told he had to see another client he needed time to himself to ponder his client’s fate. The town was busy in the late afternoon and the river tide was high. He stood on the riverbank looking at the yachts swinging on their moorings. My god, what was it about this town. The things that people got involved in. But this situation was out of the box, a double murder that was the top end of the criminal calendar. He hadn’t gone into detail with the client about the clean-up, but assumed he did it as no one had surfaced or turned up in the local rubbish dump. But the plain simple fact was there were two fewer people walking the streets in a small area and it wouldn’t take long for the machine to kick into gear relatives must have missed them friends and in a small town everyone would know that Geoff was on friendly terms with the missing man and that he was on friendly terms with his wife. There was nothing to it. Jeff would have to keep Stumm until the coppers came calling. Perhaps the current arrangement would suffice what was done was done and witness tampering was neither here nor there in the endgame. 

He ambled back to the office in the small gothic building on the bend in the main street. It was getting later, so he gave Jeff a ring. Look, I have thought it over. Well, the current arrangement is ok I don’t know how long she will wait before she goes to the copper but my prediction is no matter how big your bank account is eventually you can bet she will have something to say somewhere to someone. Do you think I should get rid of her for god sakes Jeff that’s not my business or role to advise you about I can’t counsel you to commit a further murder no just leave her be, try to keep her satisfied and we will have to deal with what she comes out with down the track? Well, Jeff, the important thing is no one knows what happened apart from you and Anna. But the alarm bells will ring about Jill, and people will ask questions. That’s the nature of things.

Months later Anna was out for the night at a nightclub in Rotorua. a dude at the bar took a liking to her crop top. She didn’t know that before they fucked in his car; she was having a nervous time lately. She didn’t really need to do anything she had plenty of money she didn’t need to work but knowledge keeps to herself. Inevitably she had taken by them and who better than her erstwhile friend detector. She didn’t tell him everything. She kept it deliberately thin, just enough to ease your conscience.and even then it was all very oblique. They drove over to Whakatane one day to the white motel around the strip of shops and spent the day getting high on exhibit drugs. they fucked all day, a small price to pay for an endless line of blow and someone to rave to.  

She needed to rest up. Things were tense between them. She knew she had done nothing wrong, she hadn‘t even helped with the bodies, but she felt he was trying to draw her into it. Before she went home, she went to a pub in Rotorua where she met her fuckboys handler she didn‘t know that but word had filtered to the cops a while ago and her fuckbuddy was pursuing her in the nightclub that night. He had flown down from Auckland just for that assignment. But once she knew he was a cop, his days were numbered and his handler was fucked too. Before she left the bar, they were both dead in the toilets.

 She knew Jeff was not a violent person before he had to deal with them, but now with those on his belt she knew he would not hesitate to kill her if she tried to rat on him.  she didn‘t mind him either she liked him between her thighs  She wouldn‘t even mind a baby with him if that happened. In fact, that would be the perfect way to save her life for a good nine months that night she resolved to conceive and Jeff didn‘t hold back. It would complicate things for a while and give her some breathing space.  Jeff, I am pregnant and it‘s a wee boy. What shall we call him? That‘s great anna a fairly predictable move through to make yourself indispensable she thought how can I be indispensable I know I will let him come inside me that will fuck things up for a while 

 

Comments