meat

it was a combination of facebook reels of barbecues and the consequences of eight hours of surgery that led me in the following days to a greater love of animals. were they put on earth to be carved and filleted for humans to eat. stripped transformed into cold lumps of flesh frozen defrosted gassed. it was the skin graft on my lower left arm particularly but overall the message of wounding bleeding and burning came to me. i felt glad I could not chew properly ever vigilant a piece of meat might escape down my throat and choke me to death. on the greater view perhaps it was the worldwide human experimentation that contributed too. the idea that not only governments but citizens entirely averted their eyes and ears from the mass suffering and death they had caused. and even animals bore the wrath of the crowd.

Comments