Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Free legal advice.

If a person pleads guilty or is found guilty of a serious charge and they have a number of previous convictions the case is put off to another day in the future for sentencing. The court will often ask the probation service to prepare a report on the person to assist the judege in determining the type of sentence that should be imposed. If this happens to you it is really important to make contact with the probation service so that this interview can be arranged. If contact is not made it can mean a report is not prepared and this can limit the sentences that can be imposed.